Desert Institute of Gardening: Fall Vegetable Gardening
You can grow fresh produce in your garden in the low desert year-round.
In fact, the cool season is one of our best growing times. The Fall Vegetable Gardening class, taught by Master Gardener Pam Perry, will demonstrate the advanced techniques of how to set up your plot, get the best soil and watering systems, and how to cultivate your own vegetables for the season. This class takes you beyond the basics taught in our Intro to Vegetable Gardening class last week.
Ensure your vegetable garden has what it takes to produce loads of fresh produce each season by learning how to:
1. Select the best location for your veggie garden
2. Enrich the soil foundation for healthy plants
3. Feed/fertilize your garden
4. Irrigate, how much and how often
5. Select and plant the best varieties for the desert
6. Understand the 12-month gardening calendar for the low desert
Speaker: Master Gardener Pam Perry