Track: Art, Design Through STEM
E-Line Media, the company that helped bring the National STEM Video Game Challenge, MinecraftEdu, and Gamestar Mechanic to thousands of schools and out-of-school time organizations worldwide is a leading a hands-on session for STEM educators and mentors.
- Help educators spark an interest in STEM learning among their students by tapping into their natural passion for playing and making video games
- Introduce games as systems made up of components that work together to create a fun and challenging experience for the player
- Show how the iterative design cycle supports the development of 21st century skills such as creativity, problem solving, critical thinking, and collaboration
- Emphasize core digital literacies to help students better critique and appreciate the games they play and the online resources they use
*Please note that the same workshop will be presented twice — once from 10:15-12:00 and again from 1:15-3:00. Given that that is a hands-on workshop using provided laptops, participation will be limited to the first 20 attendees.
- Mark German, President, E-Line Learning at E-Line Media, email@example.com