The Arizona SciTech Festival is a statewide celebration of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM or STEAM when you include the arts) held annually in February and March.
Through a series of over 1,000 expos, workshops, conversations, exhibitions and tours held in diverse neighborhoods throughout the state, the Arizona SciTech Festival excites and informs Arizonans from ages 3 to 103 about how STEM will drive our state for the next 100 years. Spearheaded by the Arizona Commerce Authority, Arizona Science Center, the Arizona Technology Council Foundation, Arizona Board of Regents, the University of Arizona and Arizona State University, the Arizona SciTech Festival is a grass roots collaboration of over 800 organizations in industry, academia, arts, civic, community and K-12.
“WHAT IS A SCIENCE FESTIVAL ANYWAY?”
- Learn about a science festival by browsing some of the upcoming 2017-2018 events or reading the 2017 Community Report.
In the community, Arizona SciTech has a strong, positive impact on:
- Businesses by identifying the most time-effective and impactful strategies to engage with the community about what they do and future career choices. 100+ businesses represented by Technology & Innovation, Aerospace & Defense, Renewable Energy, Bioscience & Health, Advance Manufacturing and Business Services have engaged;
- Schools (K-12) by strengthening relationships with local business, colleges and governments and providing their students and teachers high-impact settings to share their passion for STEM. 60+ school districts (representing 900+ schools) have engaged their communities.
- Existing events by increasing attendance and diversifying content through the incorporation of science into unexpected venues and events.
- Cities by convening community stakeholders and focusing on a highly-visible, STEM- based initiative. Chandler, for example, recruited a new company as a result of their engagement.
- Rural Communities by recognizing STEM-related partners and resources in their community.
Learn more about the Arizona SciTech Initiative with these videos below.
2016 AZ SciTech promo (you can download it https://vimeo.com/149918143)