Kickoff Promotion: #azscitech @azscitechfest
View and download the full Kickoff Conference Program HERE.
**Sign up for the Limited-Capacity Educator session “Video Game Design Workshop for STEM Teachers/Mentors” (happening 10:15am-12pm, repeated 1:15-3pm) HERE .
(*Note: Both Educator Sessions Are Now Full)
**Sign up for one of the Limited-Capacity MAC sessions HERE . Sessions include….
– Option #1: MAC Printmaking Workshop: Solarplating [10:15-11am] (Capacity: 12) (Session Full)
– Option #2: MAC Glass-Making Workshop: Flameworking (Field Lens & Siphon) [11:15am-12pm] (Capacity: 12. Age limits: 13, or 11 with parent or guardian) (Session Full)
– Option #3: MAC Glass-Making Lecture/Demo: Hotshop (Hot Science) [1:15-2pm] (Capacity: 20) (Session Full)
– Option #4: MAC Jewelry-Making Lecture/Demo: Electroforming, Electro-Etching, & Vitreous Enamel on Copper [3:15-4pm] (Capacity: 15) (Session Full)
**Limited-capacity sessions are First Come, First Served.
To return to Registration Page, CLICK HERE.
This year’s program will include 7 tracks with interactive panels, discussions and talks in the seven following tracks:
Computer Science and Engineering – Engineering has become one of the hottest interdisciplinary topics in education these days. Learn about opportunities to engage from exciting speakers to coding opportunities!
* Keynote with Fredi Lajvardi
* Underwater Dreams Screening
* Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) Workshop
* Starting and Running a Makerspace
* A Show Case of the Latest Virtual Reality-Based Immersive Technologies (Special Feature!! Check this out on the 3rd Floor of the Main Lobby!
* Engineering Projects in Community Service (EPICS)
* Participate In a Mind-Blowing Hour of Code (Special Feature!! Check this out on the 3rd Floor of the Main Lobby!
* Women in Engineering & Computer Science
* How to Produce a STEM Virtual Field Trip!
* Change Lives and Open Doors by Teaching Coding (Even If You Don’t Know How)
Art, Design through STEM – Experience how the arts are directly interconnected with STEM and see what fascinating “STEAM” endeavors are being made in Arizona.
* How Does a Community Design Itself? [Community-Engaged Design Through Prototyping]
* Printmaking Workshop: Solarplating (*[L]imited Capacity)
* Glass Making Workshop: Flameworking with Laurie Nessel: Field Lens and Siphon (*[L]imited Capacity; Age limit: 13, or 11 with parent or guardian)
* Glass-Making Lecture-Demonstration: Hotshop with Seth Fairweather: Hot Science (*[L]imited Capacity)
* Jewelry-Making Lecture-Demonstrations: Electroforming, Electro-Etching and Vitreous Enamel on Copper with Polly O’Dette (*[L]imited Capacity)
* Imagined Realities: STEM Learning and New Media
* Geometry in Food
* Superfoods for a Super Hero’s Life
* Once Upon a Science
* Improvise Data
* Video Game Design Workshop for STEM Teachers/Mentors (*Session held twice for increased attendee opportunity, *[L]imited Capacity)
* Video Game Design Expo
STEM Instruction – Innovative ideas and practices to impact science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics in and out of the classroom
* Modeling STEM Instruction
* Creating an Effective Program of Study and the Impact on Workforce Development
* Educator Lunchtime Meetup
* STEM/STEAM Projects for Homeschoolers
* Arizona STEM School Community of Practice [*Closed session. Open to 2017-2018 AZ STEM School Community of Practice members only]
* STEM Identity Journey
* Bioinformatics in the Classroom – Mining the Information in Genomes
* Hands-on STEM Learning for Educators Workshops (2 for 1 sessions)
The Internet of Things: Connecting Everyday Objects to the Internet (please bring a laptop + smartphone) + Creating 360 Degree Tours for VR, Mobile, and Desktop
Kids Making Sense + Experience It – By Doing- STEM Experiential Learning
Robotics in the Classroom + Drones in the Classroom
3D Technology: Bring the Future of 3D Technology to Your Classroom… Today + First Lego League for Your Classroom
* Educator STEM Innovations SWAP (12+ Rotations to Choose From!)
Community STEM Action and Volunteerism – Find out what role STEM plays in our community and learn about how everyday people are making a difference in the world of STEM!
STEM Careers & Business – Come discover what exciting careers and jobs are out there, and find out what the future of Arizona holds!
Festival & Event Planner Track – Best practices to plan, promote and build partnerships for your event.
* Branding By Design
* Communities Engaged: S.T.E.A.M is Everywhere!
* Event-Planners: Secrets of the Trade. Let’s Meet Up!
* Social Media: A Relationship-Building Party
* Keeping it Alive: Offering up Fresh Perspectives
Student Voice – Learn how students are transforming the landscape of STEM in our communities.
* Arizona’s Got STEM Talent Show IV (**Still seeking talent! Click link for more info!**)
* Chief Science Officer (CSO) 101- What Does It Mean to Be a CSO?
* Teen Science Cafés: Putting Teens in Command of Their Future